Sunday, February 13, 2022

Anejo, Let’s go!!!!

We started out the day with a late family breakfast. Then Derek and I ran a few errands. At 1pm, Ashton and I joined the National Flute Association’s “Low Flute Love” online clinic to learn skills from and play tunes with low flute experts. Low flutes in this case meaning alto, bass (I have one of these), or contra and sub-contra bass flutes. All players and abilities welcome. Ash easily participated with his soprano flute playing an octave high than me.  So fun! Ashton is already starting to master the flutter-tongue and other percussive flute techniques. 

Mid-afternoon Derek prepared chicken on the grill (it was 60 degrees out!!!) and Grandma Dixie joined us. Good food and good conversation. Although we are all really missing Grandpa Cliff. 

Earlier this evening, Derek and I decided to sample our first drink from the tequila “Anejo, Let’s Go!” Shaker & Spoon box for February. (We think of Greg and Jenny with every fabulous sip!)  We enjoyed delicious cardamom, vanilla, and citrus flavors in “The Beat Goes On”. It was a nice drink to sip during a game of cribbage. Derek won best two out of three! 

I LOVE the name of the bitters for this drink! 😂









No comments:

Post a Comment