Monday, August 5, 2019

Freshman Orientation


The whole family was up at 5:30am for an eventful day! Zach caught the bus at 6:30am to head to Flagstaff high school for his freshman class orientation. The buses were running their normal schedule, and his regular pickup time is 6:30am. EARLY! Luckily it is light here by 5:30am- at least for now. 

(Did you notice Snyx peeking out the window in the picture above?) 

Zach did not mind me walking him over to the bus stop as only freshman were attending school today. I discretely made myself scarce when we noticed a lady freshman making her way to the bus stop. I watched (and took pics from a distance) to make sure the bus came on time. 

Zach had a good day touring the school, making friends, and eating pizza. It was a day organized and led by upper-classmen student leaders. He is looking forward to starting school officially on Thursday! 





At 7am, Derek and I dropped Ashton off with Grandpa Cliff snd Grandma Dixie and made our way back to the endoscopy and surgery center for the second time in a week for ME to undergo colonoscopy. Yay! Ash had a good morning with his grandparents all to himself. He and Grandma watched the original Mary Poppins together. He said that his favorite parts were the songs and music! 

My procedure went well with the removal of three polyps. The doctor said they were small and looked like the typical benign type. The polyps were removed and sent for official lab testing with results expected next week. I wore my Colorective Soul shirt in honor of the event. Derek says I was telling the nurses (and anyone else who would listen) all about my brother, the shirt, and his race while still groggily coming out of the anesthetic! 

Derek and I are just super glad to have this round of colonoscopies behind us (pun intended). We celebrated this morning after my procedure by having a totally yummy brunch at Cracker Barrell!!! This girl is happy to be back on solid food! The pancakes, fried apples, and hash brown casserole were super yummy! 


1 comment: