Tuesday, August 6, 2019

A Wheelie Musical Day and A National Night Out

Derek and I took a bike ride this morning over to Ft. Tuthill to ride the mountain bike trails and check out their bike park. The bike park was really neat with dirt hills, jumps, bridges and other obstacles. Until I build up more dill and confidence, I preferred the baby hill tracks. Derek was more adventurous! Mountain/trail biking is definitely a different workout than road biking! 



I am also now the proud owner of a concert ukulele. I remember enjoying strumming the one at my grandparent’s house when I was a kid and have recently thought about teaching myself to play. Since Ashton will be officially learning ukulele in his 5th grade music classes I decided that it was the perfect time to take the plunge. I played for about 45 minutes today after it arrived and can play four different chords very slowly. (C, G7, F, and Am) What fun! 

At 4:30pm we headed to Bushmaster Park for the National Night Out celebration honoring the Flagstaff police, firefighters, and other first responders. The community band gave a concert. There was free hot dogs and other picnic fair. Ashton enjoyed games and a bingo scavenger hunt arranged by the exhibitors. A very fun evening despite the threat of rain (only the threat. We did not get wet!) 









No comments:

Post a Comment