Friday, February 13, 2015

We can't make this stuff up!

So today was bonus day at work and also Friday the 13th. So we knew it was going be an interesting day. Indeed! Derek was rear-ended on his way home from work to pick up the boys from school. Derek was the first of three cars to be hit by a guy driving under the influence of drugs. After running into 3 cars within a 3 block radius, the guy ran through a fence, two yards, came to a halt and took off on foot when confronted and then tackled by police. This is my best description. If you want more details, you would have to have Derek  explain it. Definitely too complicated and mind-boggling. Minimal damage was made to our car - bumper popped out on one side. 
Best thing is Derek is fine- just irritated that he had to wait for almost 2 hours to make a police statement. I was also a bit wigged out as Derek's initial call was fairy cryptic and I had to rush out to get the boys from school. I saw all of the police cars and an ambulance as I made my way to get the boys and was worried as I did not have a clear idea as to what happened. Regardless, We have Derek home safe and sound and could enjoy tacos and a large margarita for dinner! 

3 comments:

  1. So glad Derek had no injury and that the car damage is fairly minor. Also thankful that the boys were not in the car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Dixie's comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take a very large powerful one just for hearing about this guy...good all are OK!

    ReplyDelete