Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Enjoy You Tea, But Make Sure to Lock Your Doors at Night

Thanks to Grandma Dixie and Grandpa Cliff for providing today's blog-worthy moment.  Here is a map depicting the biggest danger in each state according to science fiction books and movies.  Leave it to Indiana to be the most entertaining!  Daylight Savings Time Indeed!!!!


Not much new to report.  Work has been...well...work.  Ah yes, Zach's spelling words have been all review from the past  weeks plus the following "bonus" challenge words:

school, recess, chair, science, math, principal, reading, writing, class, lunch

I ordered some tea from the Stash Tea company which was delivered today.  They always come out with wonderful new flavors in the fall before the holidays.  I bought a sampler of loose breakfast teas ("loose" meaning "not contained in bags"...not "immoral tea" as Derek likes to call it- ha!).  Dad- I know you love breakfast teas so thought I'd try the new ones out in prep for filling your stocking this Christmas.  This sampler included a new Irish Breakfast blend, a Celon Breakfast blend, and a Bed and Breakfast tea.  I also purchased the new dessert teas sampler which included 3 flavors: Peach Cobbler, Raspberry Truffle, and Black Forest Cake.  Derek and I decided to make a pot of the Black Forest Cake tea this evening.  Absolutlely heavenly flavor and aroma!  The ingredients say it all: Pu-erh tea, cherry pieces, cocoa nibs, hibiscus, chocolate flavor, almond oil, vanilla extract.  I thought it would be wonderful with milk, but I am currently enjoying it fine straight up!  To quote Derek, "It is like drinking liquid Spumoni."  Can't wait to try the others! 

In other brief news, I "won" a Bartlesville snowglobe through successful bidding through our United Way silent auction at work.  I get to pick it up tomorrow.  It has been a mini-goal of mine to own a snowglobe from each city in which we have lived (for which they exist).  So far, I will have Purdue, Austin (TX), and Bartlesville. 

Only one more day of work and then we are off for a three day weekend (19/30 on Friday!).  I head to Ponca tomorrow.  I am hoping to catch a glimpse of all of the movie shooting they are currently doing in Pawhuska on my drive through.  Apparently they are shooting scenes at Bad Brads BBQ this week as well as other key locations.  If any of you are interested, check out Tulsa World for news about the movie and star sightings.  Word on the street is that George clooney is super nice and has been amenable to talking with fans as well as having photos taken.  He stopped in the Bartlesville cancer treatment center on Monday to visit with patients between breaks from shooting movie scenes at our Jane Phillips Medical Center. 

Friday, Zach will participate in his school walk-a-thon fundraiser at school where the students walk for 60 minutes around the track and raise money for each lap they complete.  We will go and cheer him on.  We also get to take Snickers to the vet for shots (lucky her).  Monday I will head to Wicliffe, OH for 4 days on a business trip. 

Ok- time to get another cup of tea and then walk the dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment