Today Derek and I took our 19/30 - free vacation day- off for the month of September. I started the day getting up at 5:15am to run with Tracy. I also met their family's new dog, Halo, a Chihuahua mix that followed Mike home one day last week. He is very cute and nice and is totally dwarfed by their ever giant and laid back yellow lab, Camino.
After taking the boys to school at 7:30am, Derek and I went to Weeze's Cafe downtown for breakfast. We then stopped back home to take Snickers to a vet appointment for shots at 9am. After stopping home briefly, we then walked over to Zach's school (1.5 miles one way) to cheer he and the other second-graders on during their annual walk-a-thon fund raiser. Zach walked a total of 16 laps around the course = 2 miles. Way to go Zach! It was fun, controlled chaos!
Ashton posing with his "exploded" fall tree at daycare!
Derek and I then walked back home and relaxed for the afternoon before picking up the boys from school and going to the circus that is in town for the weekend for their 4:30pm show. They had it all- elephants, camels, trapeze artists, jugglers, a freaky contortionist, dog tricks- what fun! (and no spooky clowns- yay!!!).
The Big Top!
After the circus, we headed to La Fiesta for Mexican food and a Friday night visit from The Balloon Guy. He made Ash a bat and Zach a bald eagle!
We then came home, watched an episode of Young Justice (super hero cartoon). After getting the kids to bed, we watched another episode of Sherlock then just got back from taking the dog for a walk.
What a fabulous day and the weekend has hardly even begun! Now off to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment