The mission that we chose to accept this morning was to take the kids to daycare (Both of them wanted to go rather than hang out with us. This is even after promising Zach we would take him out to lunch to Freebirds World Burrito and then up the tallest building in Houston. Not even teenagers yet and the kids think we are uncool!)
Derek and I then hit Kohls as I needed to restock on underwear (wonder why? Could it be because our dog is a pantie shredder????) We also went to Lowes looking for one of those plastic fake-looking hollow rocks to cover our sprinkler main valve. Apparently our homeowners association finds the trash can that currently covers the valve to keep it from freezing and busting at night unacceptable and an eyesore... Dixie and Cliff, where did you get your fake rock? Both Lowes and Home Depot do not carry them.
Then Derek and I went to a new place (for us anyway) for lunch called Cafe Adobe (yummy enchiladas) and then saw Mission Impossible 4 on IMAX. Way cool- especially since it had the prologue for the newest Batman movie on as a preview beforehand. Totally a droolfest!!!! Can't wait for The Dark Knight Rises!
Then we picked up the kids ~4pm after stopping at the drug store. I have had a relapse or caught ANOTHER cold - probably mutated from the kids - and have been coughing, wheezing, etc. I took some medicine upon returning home and passed out in a rocking chair. Now, sort of functioning doing some odds and ends before tucking myself into the big recliner for the night (there is no way I will be able to sleeping lying down... ugh!).
The kids enjoyed finding ornaments for advent tonight. Ash's ornament was a little cow made out of bells. We got Zach an ornament of the state of Texas so he will always remember living here. Ok- time for more cough drops, tea, etc. Oh yeah- can't forget the kleenex. (Anyone want to skype? Derek asked me when I took up smoking. ha! Yes- my voice sounds that bad!)
Cute ornaments!
ReplyDelete