Today was more of a low-key day. We woke up late. The kids watched cartoons. We had eggs and potatoes for breakfast. We skyped a bit with family. (yesterday too...so nice to catch up with everyone!!!) The kids played with toys, colored etc. I ran for 6 miles on the treadmill. We ventured out for pizza. Zach got carsick and threw up at the restaurant (luckily in the bathroom). Then he proceeded to eat spaghetti like there was no tomorrow. Stopped at Duncan Donuts to pick up breakfast for tomorrow. Watched Green Lantern with the boys (as we decided it was ok for them to watch it after we previewed it on Friday night). Then we had a pre-bedtime snack of animal crackers and hot chocolate (Zach and Ash) and fudge and tea (Derek and I). Oh- I stand corrected- Ash ate some fudge, Zach would not touch it with a 10 foot pole. The animal crackers were the boys' advent prize tonight. Zach got a big smile on his face when he found them saying that he was happy because he remembered that his Great Grandma Helen like to give him those. What a nice way to be remembered!!!
After getting the kids to bed, Derek hit the grocery store for milk and other odds and ends and I paid bills. Then we watched "Hell on Wheels", our latest AMC addiction. Currently sucked into the computer and must drag myself to bed.
The best part? No work tomorrow! Yay!
Yay! Also big yay to Zach's comment about Wyn's smile. Made me cry, of course :) I'm so glad you guys are getting some family love time together!
ReplyDelete