My flights home were uneventful. I stayed up the entire 9 hour and 15 minute flight into Chicago- watching 4 movies. I have listed them below in order of how I liked them...
Super 8 (AWESOME!!!! Can't wait to own this one on DVD)
Black Swan (Weird but really good)
Captain America
Transformers Dark Side of the Moon (both of the above were fun entertaining mindlessness...)
Customs in Chicago went fairy smoothly. I got to witness a fruit-seeking dog in action. She was a nice beagle variety who was trained to sniff baggage for fruit and other food illegal food items (not allowed to bring in fresh fruit from other countries). She let out a nice howl every time she detected contraband! Very cool!
My flight from Chicago to Houston was ok. I was surrounded by small kids who were loud and fidgety- so I did not get much sleep. Luckily upon my arrival in Houston, my bags arrived right away and I was able to get a taxi and was home by 10pm. I am super glad to be back home with the boys.
Pics of Chicago at night from the plane
We had a great morning together this morning- eating waffles and talking about all of my adventures. We also had a nice skyping session with Grandma Dixie. We are looking forward to Dixie and Cliff's upcoming visit for a long weekend, November 2 - 6!
Zach received his first report card while I was away. He made the Principal's Honor Roll for getting all A's.
Yay Zach! He also received a coupon for a free entree at a local barbeque place. We are going to go out for lunch now and will relax this afternoon watching football and an episode or two of Season 3 of Star Wars Clone Wars. More soon!
Oh yes, obviously inspired by all the talk and pictures of castles, Zach and Ash built a castle this morning for Ash's cows (which now are up to 3 as I found a tiny cow wearing lederhosen in the airport yesterday!)
Zach received his first report card while I was away. He made the Principal's Honor Roll for getting all A's.
Yay Zach! He also received a coupon for a free entree at a local barbeque place. We are going to go out for lunch now and will relax this afternoon watching football and an episode or two of Season 3 of Star Wars Clone Wars. More soon!
Oh yes, obviously inspired by all the talk and pictures of castles, Zach and Ash built a castle this morning for Ash's cows (which now are up to 3 as I found a tiny cow wearing lederhosen in the airport yesterday!)
It was SO GREAT having you here! Come back with the three men NOW! Until then, I suppose you can enjoy your smelly beer wench and cow with lederhosen :)
ReplyDelete