Thursday, October 20, 2011

Munich Day 6

Last day in Munich and boy it was packed. Jenny, Greg, and Wyn met Mom, Dad and I at our hotel for breakfast this morning. Unfortunately we had to say goodbye to Dad who left for the airport at 9am to fly back to the U.S. The rest of us hung around until 10am drinking tea and coffee and just visiting. Wyn also was taking part of available beverages (ha!). We then set out on the Ubahn and tram system to tour the grounds of Nymphenburg Castle. Again wow! I can't wait to be able to post pictures. Fabulous statues of Greek gods, manmade canals, and beautiful fall colors. I picked up some gifts for the boys (a castle coloring book and a castle cookie cutter).

Front view

 Back view

 Zeus
 Poseidon
 Bacchus?  (Either way he has the right idea holding a margarita. Ha!)





We then ventured to the university area and ate at an old beer hall called Utter Simpl for Bavarian food. I ate flamnkuchen, which is a thin crust pizza like thing with bacon and onion and a bit of cream cheese, and a salad. Oh yes, and a beer! We all had milch cafe and apple streudel for dessert. Thank goodness for all of the walking otherwise I would be totally obese.



On the subway (Ubahn), Wyn, who was being held by her Daddy, received a lot of cooing from a hoard of Italian co-eds going home from classes. Greg proclaimed that he should have toted a baby around in college as they are chic magnets!

Mom and I then stopped at the grocery store on the way back to G, J, and W's and we are all now relaxing, listening to Wyn's cute little chortles and grunts. I am planning to get to the hotel earlier tonight so I can get all of my stuff packed up. It has been so great visiting family and seeing Germany, but I am looking forward to seeing my boys and hairy girl. I do have to tell Snickers all about the dogs here in Germany. They are all so quiet (no barking) and very well behaved. They are everywhere- on the Ubahn, in restaurants, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment