From 4-6pm I met up with my fellow BodyCombat instructors and class participants at the Flagstaff High Country Motor Lodge for some social time. The event was organized by my class participants. (How cool is that????) It was so fun to see everyone in “normal” attire. For example, people didn’t know that I regularly wear glasses. In addition, the Lodge was having a separate “Celebrity Bartender” event in which the Director of the Winslow Meteor Crater center was making and serving space-themed drinks FOR FREE! How cool!
My “Emerald Mile” margarita! (I had to order one because if you know, you know!)
My free “Impact” drink made by the Director of the Meteor Crater space center. It was actually mostly vodka and mostly awful! I took one sip and was done. Ha!
At 6pm, Derek picked me up and we headed downtown to participate in the Flagstaff Community Band summer season kick-off event at the local Drinking Horn Mead Hall. Highlights of the evening were catching up with band friends, a tasty mead tasting flight that Derek and I shared, and the band playing “The Stars and Stripes Forever” played via kazoo.
Our director, Brent Levine, leading our crazy kazoo band.
After the event, Derek and I walked around the block and capped off our evening with a dinner date at Swaddee Thai. Sooooo good!
Jealous of your fabulous outings! Dixie
ReplyDeleteSuch a blast! I love that your participants planned a get together and looks like the rest of the evening was amazing, too.
ReplyDelete