Friday, October 29, 2021

Dressing up!

Dressing up for Halloween? No, not yet! I “dressed up” for an interview at the Flagstaff Athletic Club yesterday morning for a BodyPump fitness instructor position. I had applied back in July, but the gym was on a hiring freeze due to Covid. I followed up on Monday sending in my new Group Fitness Instructor and CPR credentials. Anyway, the group fitness coordinator called me within an hour to set up a meeting time. Interview went well- lasted about an hour. Lots of getting-to-know you chit-chat and about 15 traditional interview questions. My favorite was “what are your career aspirations?” considering that I am retired. Ha! Anyway, I should be called in to officially audition in a few weeks. Lots of work for a position that pays $20/class. Although the free gym membership makes it totally worth it.  Ha! Hopefully all will go favorably as I am looking forward to teaching again and perhaps getting certified to teach other class formats in the future. 

In the afternoon, I met my band friend, Terry, for a chai latte at the Campus Coffee Bean near NAU to exchange winter band music (he missed our first two practices due to conflicts) and catch up. It was nice to relax by chatting and sitting in the sun after a mildly stressful morning.  

Meanwhile, Ashton has a Halloween dance after school today in their outdoor courtyard. He was very excited, but a bit disappointed that he could not wear his hat and wig per school rules. So, you will have to wait until Sunday for full costume pictures! 

Here is a picture from Ashton’s school dance. Can you spot him in this picture????

And here are a few thoughts for your Friday:

I really love this. I did find a class schedule on Zach’s floor when a vaccines this week. And maybe the strong fumes are why Z likes hanging out in the boys’ rooms so much? Haha! 

I showed this to Ashton, who is not the biggest fan of hiking. He thought it was hilarious! 



2 comments:

  1. I spotted Ashton. But it was a good thing he wasn't wearing his hat and wig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! Go Tommi!!! I would SO take one of your Pump classes! Keep me posted :)

    Love Ash walking by like the cool dude that he is :)

    ReplyDelete