I jammed my right foot today on my morning run on the trail. I hit a rock just right which caused shooting pain on the outside of my foot under my ankle. I thought maybe that I had sprained it. Lots of pain on the outside of my foot to the touch and walking was not so fun, although there was no bruising or swelling which seemed weird. After a took my shoe off when I got home, which was a painful experience, I elevated and iced my foot. Snyx was giving me the stink eye as she did not get a morning walk.
Just before lunch, I tried gently flexing my foot in different directions to keep it from stiffening up more than it already was. When I tried flexing my foot outward earlier in the day, it just wouldn’t move right and hurt. Well, when I gently rolled my foot out this time, it “popped”, like a ligament or tendon popped back into place. It was a bit disconcerting as it was a loud pop, like cracking knuckles. After that pop, no more pain. I could move my foot in all directions, walk on it, and massage it pain free!!! Sooooo weird! My foot was still a bit achy overall, so I kept it elevated for the rest of the day and used it as an excuse to read all afternoon. Anyway, foot is pain free tonight. I guess I must have stepped just right on the rock while running to jam a ligament or tendon out of place. Glad it fixed itself!
Weird tendon/ligament healing!
ReplyDelete