Saturday, April 11, 2020

Saturday and No Schoolwork!

It was nice to finally have a day where we all did not have to worry about online school assignments and learning! Trying to kept up with it all is stressful. This morning I got up before everyone else and put together copycat Cracker Barrel hash brown casserole for breakfast. I used a recipe recommended by a friend. It was delicious! Derek made fried eggs to serve with it. After breakfast, Derek and I put together a new curry recipe in the slow cooker for mid-afternoon dinner. Ashton wanted to try curry, so we decided to try this out. Ashton loved it; Zach- not so much. But it is good to try new things! 

While dinner was stewing, I went on an 18 mile bike ride out to lower Lake Mary and back. I spotted an eagle! Maybe a Golden Eagle or a juvenile Bald Eagle. Do you see it? It is towards the top of the tree on the right.



When I returned home, I got cleaned up and then curled up with a book. Just in time too because it started to snow!!! Nothing accumulated. Crazy spring mountain weather. I also whipped up a batch of brownies for dessert! One always needs to bake when it snows- Grandma Dixie’s rules! Ha! 

After dinner, we played a game together, enjoyed the brownies (yum!), and then watched the Disney Pixar movie “Onward”. We really enjoyed it! 

And finally I need to share this awesome photo taken by Lowell Observatory last week of the planet Venus in conjunction with the Pleiades star cluster pictured over the San Francisco peaks. Beautiful!!!



 

1 comment: