Thursday, January 30, 2020

Thursday Thoughts

I have a big weekend coming up getting together And catching up with old friends (our friends Steven and Autumn Munkirs arrive later today from HOUSTON for the weekend!!!!) and a half marathon in Sedona on Saturday. Before that, I am having a quiet moment with tea and morning reflections. 



















Cheers to a full heart and full weekend. I met my friend Jody at Starbucks yesterday to discuss my new duties as the Vice Chair of the Board and Band Manager for the Flagstaff Community Band. I am excited to take on this role to make new friends and get more connected into the Flag music community. Plus Jody, who is the Board Chair, and I are a lot a like (very organized with attention to detail) and will work great together! She runs her own business teaching music classes to young children (infants through preschool) and their parents. She was nominated for a prestigious music education award in the community. I will be helping her take some movie footage of her class later this morning for the awards ceremony. The Flag band was also nominated for an award in the Community Outreach category. So I will be attending the awards ceremony with the rest of the band board in March. It will be a wonderful event celebrating music and wonderful, talented individuals like my friend Jody. 



No comments:

Post a Comment