Friday, August 30, 2019

High altitude crazy morning!

The day started as usual at 5:30am with Zach and I having breakfast together. It is my exercise “rest” day, so after he left for the bus I was sitting enjoying my tea and reading. Just before 7am, Zach texts that he is still at the bus stop with no bus yet. This is the THIRD time this week the bus has either been Kate and/or broken down going to or from school. So I told him to come home and quickly hopped in the shower. I had him to school by 7:25am and was home in time to walk Ash and Snyx to the bus stop. On the plus side, I was able to spend more time with him this morning. When he is not being an opinionated,  moody teenager, he is super-fun and pleasant to talk to! 



While walking Ash to the bus, he spotted an airplane in the sky, but wondered why it was not moving. After locating what he saw, I concluded that it was a high altitude weather balloon. I had never seen one in person before, only in books and on TV. Derek and I confirmed with binoculars when Snyx and I returned home. Way cool!!! Science in the air! The balloon is the white spec amongst the trees in the picture below. Under the binoculars it looks like a light bulb. 

Yesterday, Derek snd I made a morning grocery store run and enjoyed the monsoon storms in the afternoon (Snyx did not!!!). It is good to be getting some rain in the area. Derek snd I also enjoyed our last Shaker snd Spoon Negroni cocktail while grilling brats last night. It was by far the weirdest tasting of all of the drinks we are tried from Shaker and Spoon. We decided it was interesting, but had too much cinnamon in the mix reduction. However, so fun to be able to try something new and discuss/critique it! 





Quick Ashton facts! I love how he lists all of his family (Zach, Dad, Mom, Snickers, Grandparents, Aunt, and Cousin!!!) and that he wants to be a space scientist when he grows up!!! 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment