It has been a month of many goodbyes to the fabulous people that I have worked with over the years. Bittersweet as I will miss these people, but am very much looking forward to new adventures!
This was last week in Louisiana. My group ordered me a Cabernet wine flight!
In Hoyston on Thursday, my group threw a small going-away/retirement party for me. How kind! I am so touched. Many people from my past career at PHILLIPS showed up to wish Derek and I well (and their jealousy that they were also not prepared to retire early).
Here is a pic of me with my boss, Randy, and the two fabulous young women who work for me, Kate and Jacqueline. They both are young enough to be my daughters, but are fun enough to be sisters. They will both do well in their careers. I hope that I was able to show them a bit of what a strong, organized woman can do!
Next week there will be more goodbyes in BARTLESVILLE. And then off to new beginnings!

It was truly strange to walk out of HOUSTON headquarters for the last time and then ride the corporate jet for the last time.
It was truly strange to walk out of HOUSTON headquarters for the last time and then ride the corporate jet for the last time.
What also hit me on Thursday is that we not have a freshman in high school in the house as well as a fifth grader!!! How time flies!
Saturday we ventured fine to Tulsa to finalize purchase if a step-up viola for Zach since we are moving and he wants to continue to play through high school. My heart is happy that he wants to continue with his music.
Ashton’s sunflower continues to grow bigger and bigger!
After picking up Zach’s new viola and lunch at Chuys, we headed over to see the really high Arkansas river (much flooding in OK due to all of the rain). We enjoyed ourselves at the new Gathering Pkace park in Tulsa right by the river. The playground reminded me so much of those that we enjoyed in Sweden with Greg, Jenny, and Wyn.
Yes I did this! I am so proud of myself! I would never have climbed across this as a kid.
Can you spot Ashton at the top?
Red amongst the green!
Sunday we took another load of stuff to goodwill and worked our way through our pre-move checklists. We have a contract on our house. Lots of activity! It will be a busy week and a half! Next week mid-week we will be bound for the mountains!
Last days of work are bittersweet. The playground looks like fun! And yes, time flies. Can't believe my baby is 44.
ReplyDelete