Sunday, April 28, 2019

Weekend Update

Sorry that I have not been great about updating lately. We have had a lot going as a family and I just haven’t felt up to it. Some days it is just hard to even get out of bed.  So here goes:

First- Happy Birthday today to Grandoa Cliff. AND early Happy Birthday to Grandma Peggy whose birthday is tomorrow!!!

Today Derek and I took another trip to the library and Goodwill as well as staged furniture in the garage for next weekend’s neighborhood garage sale. We wanted to get stuff moved so that he and Zach could easily place it in the driveway next Saturday while I am out teaching BodyPump. Everything free to the first interested party! We also found homes for Derek’s old rocket-making stuff as well as our driveway tennis set. Sorry to give up the driveway set, but our new drive in Flagstaff is the opposite of flat. We kept some of the pickle ball equipment as there are places to play in the local Flagstaff parks. 

We rewarded outmrselves this evening with pizza from PaPa Murphy’s. Derek and I also created a new dessert beverage. The “Rita del Sueno”. Basically margarita served over vanilla ice cream. It tastes like key lime pie with a kick. Sooooo good!!!!





Derek and I had a fun Thursday in Tahlequah, OK to watch Zach’s last tennis tournament of the season. Zach played really well and came in 7th place out of 16. We are so proud of him!!! I just love watching him play. (And I love my hat Dad!!!) 

The tournament was delayed due to wet courts, so Derek and I visited The Drip coffee house to kill time. Fun place with yummy beverages (chai latte and cafe mocha for us) 

Awesome shirts! I do not need more clothes so settled for a picture with my favorite caffeine molecule! 



Wednesday night, my friend Christina hosted a much needec (for me) girls night with wine, cheese, and chocolate and other goodies. So fun! I will miss these ladies when we move. Christina is also moving this month to Hawaii. Big changes for everyone!!! Although we now have great excuses for fun destination races!





Derek found a four leaf clover and brought it home! We need some luck right now thank you! Saturday night we had a great time going to see Avengers End Game together!!!



Came in to work on Monday after Easter to treats from some of my great work friends. I also found out a retirement/farewell party has been planned for Ferek and I on June 3rd. I am so touched!!!

Please send prayers for my brother and family. The doctors say they have exhausted all options for keeping his cancer at bay. Greg is now under hospice care at home with pain management. He is no longer undergoing chemotherapy or radiation treatment. On the bright side, with his pain managed he says he feels ok and Mom and Dad report that he is bright and interactive. Hoping he can get out to see the Avengers too. Everyone needs some superhero power!!! I love you G!!! 


1 comment: