Monday, March 19, 2018

Going Underground!

We spent the morning underground exploring Carlsbad Caverns. This is the National Park that I have visited the most at three visits during my lifetime (Derek and Zach too- Ash has visited only twice). We hiked in the natural entrance, explored the big room loop and then hiked back out. Ashton was our leader and set a new subterranean speed record as we hiked up and out the 800 ft ascent faster than we hiked in!!!















Our teenager proudly proclaimed that this looked like a nipple. Sigh... I told him I thought it locould led like a Hershey’s kiss!!!!

This is the Mirror Pool!!! 















The high point in the distance is where we hiked yesterday! 



Love the new NM license plates!!! Red or green????

On our way out if the park, Ash spotted 4 mountain goats at the lip of a cave on the side of one of the cliffs. Good spotting Ashton! So cool!





1 comment: