Derek and I took our monthly day off of work today for a "date day"! (We only get these to ourselves about twice a year, so they are really special!). After getting the kids to school this morning and taking Snickers to the vet for her 6 month checkup, we headed down to Tulsa for the day. Our first stop was the Phat Tire Bike Shop where we rented hybrid bikes (think a cross between a mountain bike and a road bike) and rode along the awesome paved trails paralleling the Arkansas River. I have been interested in upgrading to a hybrid bike for my races and for fun etc, so great opportunity to try them out. I was not enthralled with the feel of a pure road bike from my triathlon last weekend. I love the feel of my mountain bike. So the hybrid was definitely just right for me with more versatility on paved surfaces. So fun!!! Whoosh!!!!
We then went to Freebirds for a burrito lunch. Then off to the movie theater to watch Logan (Great X-Men movie, but definitely for adults, not kids). After the movie, we headed back to the bike shop where I tried out a few more bikes and picked one out. The shop is building it for me and we will go back to pick it up tomorrow! Derek is interested in getting one too, but at a later time.
Then we drove back home to the boys, stopping at the grocery store to stock up on goodies for the weekend. Now enjoying a Fat Tire beer on the patio honoring a day of biking and since the weather is so great! (That will change tomorrow with lots of rain and storms in the forecast!)
Also a big shout out Happy Birthday to Grandpa Cliff today!!!!
What a wonderous day you and Derek made on YOUR_DAY !
ReplyDeletePerfect date day!
ReplyDelete