Saturday, July 18, 2015

A Jolly Holiday!

Another busy day in the Miller household. This morning I biked to the gym, swam for 45 min, then biked home. Ran in to Tracy and Denay running on the Pathfinder on my trip home. 
This afternoon we went to the Children's Musical Theater production of the musical Mary Poppins. The production was outstanding! Similarities to, but overall better than the Disney movie. I now want to read the book on which it is based. The voices were superb and the dancing was just...WOW!  I continue to be amazed at the young artistic talent in Bartlesville and am proud to be on the board of such a great organization. 
After the show, we went out for pizza. We saw a bunch of cast members there with friends and family. Ash gave Mary Poppins a high five, but was a bit confused as to why she was out if costume. Ha! 

After tucking the kids in bed, Derek and I walked Snyx. Then he helped me install "slicks" tires on my mountain bike. The tires are flatter than the normal mountain  bike and produce much less drag in road driving conditions. I got them to help with my upcoming duathlon in August where I will run a 5k (3 miles), then bike a 30k (18 miles), then finish with another 5k run. Brief test ride tonight was so smooth and quiet. More biking and running planned for tomorrow morning. 
Slick tire on left, normal mountain bike tire on right. 
Tomorrow night my running friends are throwing me a 40th birthday party. I am so tpuched (and excited)! Stay tuned!

2 comments: