Tuesday, May 20, 2014

More Boston Adventures

So I have been having a good time at the conference. The dinner last night was very interesting with about 20 people in attendance. Best raspberry sorbet ever! Got back to the hotel about 10:30pm. Was up early for another discussion on shale gas starting at 7am. Had another full day if meetings. Took some time before the evening reception and went back to the shops and bought that suit ( found a coupon online). After the evening tech fair reception, I went on a walk to Boston Common with a new friend, Deepali, who is a scientist and R&D strategy manager with PepsiCo in Dallas,TX. 
What a pretty area!  We then walked along Boylston and Newbury Streets with all if the shops and met one if her fellow Pepsi colleagues for dinner at a wonderful Indian Restaurant. Turns out the colleague's wife works for Cadbury/Dr. Pepper and currently works on Snapple formulations. She was featured on an episode of Celebrity Apprentice where one of the contestant tasks was to work with the company scientists to come up with a new Snapple flavor. Cool! Anyway-really nice evening. 

Also I just realized that I can see Fenway Park from my hotel room. You can see the ballpark lights in the pic below. 


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are meeting some interesting people on your Boston adventure!

    ReplyDelete