Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Howdy from the Road!

Still in Texas with a fun filled day of recruiting. Eight interviews with engineering students as well as three visits with professors. At least we had some down time this evening. My colleague and I (Danielle is a UT Chemical Engineering PhD graduate) and I ate Indian food downtown Austin near our hotel and campus. Excellent food I had a chicken curry dish with jalapeƱos) with chai lattes (Indian version is brewed strong, spices are a little different, milk, and no sugar- Excellent and refreshing!). Came back to the hotel and worked out at the fitness center for 40 minutes.  Then came back and took a bubble bath with this swanky grapefruit scented bath stuff and now blogging while lounging on the bed in totally soft bathrobe complete with Texas Longhorns logo.  I talked to Derek tonight and he and the boys and hairy girl are doing fine. I am looking forward to getting home to them tomorrow night.

Our day will not start as early tomorrow, so I plan to get up for a run, then log on to get some work done before we meet for breakfast at 8 am. Interviews with chemistry students will start at 9 am.
All is quiet with the neighbors tonight so far. I made sure that I have my headphones nearby just in case.

And Cliff - somehow swinging early retirement while becoming independently wealthy and sporting the body of a 20 year old supermodel is included in my next diabolical plan. Stay tuned!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great pics in the previous post! I hope your work trip continues to go well...it is REALLY funny that you always end up with inappropriately loud neighbors :) It sounds like Mom2's trip out was pretty great, too. Looking forward to taking a ride in the new car one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cliff says "you go girl and after you accomplish all that perhaps you will get a REAL sports car."

    ReplyDelete