Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Dog is on the "S" List (as well as National Car Rentals)

And "S" does not stand for Saturday, Super, or Sweet.  However, may stand for "stupid" or other words that shall not be listed here.  Snickers tore a hole in the carpet in our living room by the fire place. Specifically, she pulled up the carpet fibers over a small area, leaving the carpet mat and pad intact.  Not sure when she did this, but must have been withing the last few days.  She threw up on the carpet in that region last Sunday.  I thought I cleaned it up sufficiently.  No carpet stain remaining, no smell... well I guess no smell to humans.  Stupid dog.  Ho hum...guess we will be calling our home-fix-it people again soon!

We Millers got up at 7am this morning and headed to the Phillips 66 pool where I did lap swim (30 laps, 60 lengths) and the boys "played" in the shallow pool.  Ashton is working on his skills to become a swimmer.  It is nice that he has Zach as a great role model.  Zach recently passed the swim test at Sooner pool (local outdoor pool) so he can now go into the deep end during camp pool visits.  Yay Zach!

After swimming, the boys got hair cuts in anticipation of vacation next week and visits with Grandpa Randy, Grandma Peggy, Uncle Greg, Aunt Jenny, and Wyn in Washington D.C.  (G, J, and W are in the states visiting from Sweden, so we want to see them before they head home!!!!)  They all look sharp!  We then went to Frank and Lolas for lunch as all of that swimming made everyone starved!!!  I enjoyed the chicken salad sandwich while Derek had "the melt", Ash ate a grilled cheese, and Zach devoured a cheeseburger.  We all had fries of course!!!  That place is soooooo good!!!! We spent the afternoon reading and playing games.  Zach is currently hooked on strategy card games like the Settlers of Cataan and Magic the Gathering.  (Think Dungeons and Dragons with cards.)  Ashton and I played marathon Candy Land, Trouble, and Chutes and Ladders.  He also enjoyed learning how to play Shut the Box and counting on the dice.  This evening, since the temperatures were so nice again, we went to Kiddie Park.  Only a few more weekends to take advantage due to school starting soon.  Enjoy the pics!

Waiting anxiously for the roller coaster!  Zach is now so tall that he can only ride the roller coaster, air planes, and carousel!






Oh, get this... I received an email this afternoon from the rental car company saying that I had not yet returned my rental and to please do so immediately.  Shocked, I called them right away to let them know that I dropped it off on Thursday afternoon at the ConocoPhillips hangar like every other time I have rented a car.  The associate told me that the address I dropped it at was no longer valid.  That was a surprise to me since a bunch of other employees also dropped their cars off in the same spot.  I told him as such.  Well, after being on hold for 15 minutes, they said that they were going to track the car and then give me a call on Monday to close out the transaction.  Joy!  Why is everything so complicated???? (And why do I continue to worry about this when it is completely out of my control??? It makes me ill that someone is trying to blame me for misplacing a rental car.  Ugh!!!! I think they will be added to the "S" list as well!)

2 comments:

  1. Breathe in, breathe out, fly to Washington, DC. We'll fix everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have any scraps of carpet left over, the carpet people can mend the hole and you will never know it was damaged!

    ReplyDelete