Thursday, August 1, 2013
Houston Adventures
I arrived in Houston Tuesday night for business meetings. I drove straight from the airport to Athleta to spend my birthday gift certificate that was burning a hole in my pocket! (Thanks Mom and Dad!!!) Luckily I did so because the store is only open until 7pm on weeknights. After purchasing a cute pair of running knickers, top, and two brightly-colored tanks, I headed to the hotel to get checked in and then to dinner. I walked to the plaza next door to the hotel for Thai food and then treated myself to an iced Chai from Starbucks for "dessert". The cashier at Starbucks took my corporate charge card, and said "Mam, this is for business purposes only. I don't think Starbucks qualifies as too good to be business food." Ha! Comedian!
Wednesday I got up early to head to the office for all-day meetings. After being released from our high-rise prison last night, I headed back to the hotel, then walked next door for Mongolian BBQ. Yumm!!! (but no more mango sorbet for dessert -pout pout). So again, Chai latte for dessert! Then I went back to the hotel, put on my fancy new workout clothes and rode the exercise bike for 10 miles (ouch!). Then I got cleaned up and spent the next 2-3 hours doing work with a break in between to catch up with Derek via phone.
Thursday will be filled with all days meetings again. I will head to the airport about 3:30pm. Can't wait to see the boys who will be waiting for me when I land in Barlesville around 7pm!!!!
Zach went ice-skating with camp on Tuesday. Ash is going to the splash pad with his school today. I can't wait to get an update.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You sure know how to make the most of a business trip!
ReplyDelete