Saturday, April 20, 2013

Sunshine, Imagination, and Sweet Surprises!

After a long, stressful work-week (which will continue into next week with interviews and presentations to the CEO and other executives), I spent most of the day...working.  Joy!  However, later this afternoon, the boys got me outside into the open air and sunshine.  Ashton is learning to ride the tandem bike, so we will all be going on family bike rides together soon!  Derek and Zach practiced soccer.  Ash spent about an hour decorating the driveway with chalk art.  We then went to Jareds for custard concrete treats. YUM!





When we came home, the boys enjoyed playing video games while I practiced my flute.  When I got settled down to play, I found that Derek had slipped a surprise onto my music stand among my other music books.  It was a book of the Lord of the Rings soundtrack music converted to flute solos complete with accompaniment CD.  So, I had a blast "fluting" around with that for an hour or so.  What a great stress reliever.  Derek is so sweet!!!!

The kids are in bed now.  So time for a glass of wine and a movie!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are working in the time to practice your flute. And what a wonderful surprise from Derek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a nice guy!

    ReplyDelete