Saturday, April 27, 2013

Spank!

Grandma Dixie and Grandpa Cliff have arrived for a long weekend of fun.  Unfortunately, they have not been able to see Zach play soccer as both his practice and games have been rained out (again).  However, we have been enjoying each other's company none the less.

Last night, Dixie and I had a "girl's night" in Tulsa to see the production "Spank!", which is a parody of the "Fifty Shades of Gray" book that is out (book = erotic novels for women; totally steamy book----really bad prose).  Luckily Dixie convinced me to read most of the book yesterday before we went to the show, otherwise I may not have gotten all of the jokes.  The most funny thing for me was that the main male character of the book is a young billionaire who has all of these gadgets.  When I was reading the book, I totally pictured him as Christian Bale = Bruce Wayne/Batman or his character from "American Psycho".  Well, in "Spank", the male character keep running onto stage in batman costume and quoting lines from the recent Batman movies.  While all of the women were howling per the sex jokes, I was tittering away at the batman references.  (I am SUCH a nerd.)

Anyway, Dixie and I had fun.  The production was not my normal cup of tea, but entertaining.  I did laugh so hard at one point that I got the hiccups!  Dixie and I were by far some of the best and most modestly dressed there (we dressed up in skirts).  The audience was mainly women and most wore jeans and other clothes best left unmentioned.  Ha!


Theme drinks before the show.  Dixie had "The Inner Goddess" (a line that keeps coming up in the books so much it makes you roll your eyes and want to hurl...) and I had "The Divine Ecstasy" (ummm.... not so much...too little alcohol and too much coconut flavor).  Mom, Jenny, and Tracy---wished you could have been there with us!!!!  Jenny - the female lead had your laugh so I kept thinking of you!!!!
 Don't know if you can tell, but I got my hair permed on Friday too!  New fun curls!!!!
Today there was more rain, so we enjoyed each other's company, went out for Mexican, and then watched "The Avengers".  Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and warm.  I will start my day with an 8 mile run with Tracy.  She convinced me to sign up to run a half-marathon on May 18th.  We are certifiably insane!

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! That sounds like a total blast and I'm bummed I missed it. Glad you got to have a girls night! I've never read the books...worth it? Have fun the rest of the weekend! We'll be on Skype if you are free, but will let you have some fun family time. Good luck with the half marathon training!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto everything Jenny said! Don't think I'll read the book, but the show sounds like loads of fun. You and Dixie looked awesome. Sorry Zach's soccer was rained out.

    ReplyDelete