Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Adrenaline Rush!

Exciting times today.  Started off with earthquakes at 1:45am and 5am.  I guess there were 4 mini-quakes/aftershocks that were felt on our end of the state from a quake that originated on the Western side of the state.  I only was woken up by two of them.  Very disconcerting when the ground moves!

Then this afternoon, I called 911 at 5:30pm from the site of Ash's daycare when a woman and her infant fell down the stairs. (Ash and I had gotten to the landing just in front of them.)  Scary situation as the baby started screaming and the mother was in obvious pain and very upset that she may have injured her baby.  So luckily all of that emergency training kicked in and I grabbed my cell phone and called 911. This is the first time I have ever had that "privilege". When I left the scene, the firefighters from across the street had arrived and had gotten the situation under control.  The baby seemed to be ok (probably more scared than anything), however the Mom may have had a sprained or broken ankle.  Glad I was able to help and that the situation was not any worse. Ash was just impressed that I "called the fire truck" on my phone. 

So, I finally have the kids wound down in their rooms after a McDonald's dinner. (promised them we would go after Zach's soccer practice.  His practice was cancelled AGAIN---no fields for practice due to all of the make-up games.  So, I took them anyway.  I figured I was too hyped up on adrenaline to focus on making a quality dinner anyway!) 

Thanks to Mom and Dad for the skype :)  I am going to run the rest of my energy off on the treadmill and then plan on snuggling up with Snyx and a book!  

Derek will be home tomorrow night.  Yay!!!  Besides that, here is hoping tomorrow is incredibly BORING!!!!! 

5 comments:

  1. Holy crap! Glad you were there! Glad nothing crazy happened to your place with the earthquake, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being heroic is stressful. I am still on edge after yesterday. Wine has not helped either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing you were not a few minutes earlier or perhaps that would have been you!

    Good Samaritan!

    ReplyDelete