Friday, March 22, 2013

Last Day in Mountain Paradise

We spent our last official vacation day of fun down in Alamogordo visiting our favorite Alameda Park Zoo and the New Mexico Museum of Space History.  The morning was nice and cool, so many of the animals were out and about anxious to be fed.  We saw a planetarium show called "Nine Planets and Counting" which was great (although truthfully I caught my parents' disease of planetarium-induced narcolepsy and fell asleep at Saturn--at least I did not snore).  We came home about 4pm and relaxed until it was time to heat up all of our leftovers as a last meal.  Too fun!  The best was topping the meal off with the last of Zach's chocolate fudge birthday cake!  Derek and I then enjoyed the best sunset we have seen during our trip!  The colors were just fantastic!!!!  We will certainly be sorry to leave tomorrow. However, as much as I love Ruidoso and this house that we are staying in, I really am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed.  (And getting back to running- my waistline has taken a serious hit with all of this delectable food.  Tracy and  I have a running date set for Sunday morning---even if it is supposed to be snowing!!!).

Lots of wind this morning causing dust storm at White Sands

 Guinea hens--these guys LOVE kids.  They followed us around.  One even grabbed hold of my pants leg!
 The Mexican wolves were out and about.  Beautiful creatures!  They were very interested in the mule deer in the pen across from them who were having a tizzy session.  I have never seen deer run and jump so much!  Mating season????
 The peacocks were also in full display.  It must be THAT time of year! 


These little deer from Africa reminded me of Jake. 

Capybaras are just pure awesome.  They are like giant guinea pigs that swim (and anacondas find them very tasty!).
 This lemur was feasting on plants growing OUTSIDE of his pen.  too cute! 
 Miller Monkeys at play! 
 Dozing fox :) 




Now for some awesome sunset views (I must have take 100 pictures of the sunset alone tonight!)





 It was a tad windy and cold while taking these pics! 
The boys were nice a cozy warm inside playing iPad.  










1 comment:

  1. So kind of the universe to give you such a spectacular good-bye!

    ReplyDelete