Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Typing in Texas

Howdy from Houston!  Apologies for the long delay in posts again, but I was feeling ill most of last week (dizzy and tired) and just was not up to doing much of anything besides getting through days of work. I finally started feeling better again on Sunday afternoon.  Yay! Just in time to go to work again!

The big event last week was receiving bonuses on Friday. It is always nice to hand out the yearly bonus information to employees. It is one of the more enjoyable tasks of being a manager!

The kids had a nice Valentine's Day. They both had fun handing out valentines as school and eating goodies during their classroom parties. Ash handed out Avengers Valentines and Zach handed out Angry Birds Space cards. They both came home with tons of loot. Much more than I ever remember receiving during my class parties as a kid. Zach came home with 3 packs of "fun dip". Seriously, who eats that stuff?  Yuck!

In sad news, I found out today that a friend and work colleague died over the weekend. He and his dog were found dead in his home from suspected accidental carbon monoxide poisoning. Very sad. He was only 26. Please, please, please, go get a carbon monoxide detector and alarm for your home if you do not already have one!  You should always have at least one in your home along with functional smoke detectors. Safety first!  It may save the life of you and your family!

So, I am currently in Texas. I flew I this morning with meetings all day with the Lubricants Business unit in Houston. We flew out just before winter weather blew into Oklahoma. The kids finally got to see a bit of snow!  Derek said that Ash made snow angels on the playground at daycare. They all threw snowballs in the yard after school. He took some pics which I can post when I get home on Friday.

Tomorrow I will be driving to Lake Charles, Louisiana with some colleagues to visit one of our lubricants blending plants and Excel Paralubes, our base oil refinery joint venture. It should be a fun and educational time. It is always neat to get into the plants and see how things are made.

I will fly home Friday afternoon on the shuttle just in time to see Zach have his first soccer practice. Very exciting!

More soon from Louisiana.  I am looking forward to eating some authentic Cajun food tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment