Wow- another Saturday! I actually started my weekend yesterday. If I did not take my monthly "free" vacation day yesterday, I would not have had another opportunity to take it this month. I started off my Friday off with a 5:30 am run with Tracy. Spent a good chunk of the later morning skyping with Mom and Jenny (three-way skype is so fun!). Derek came home at noon because they were moving his office to another location in his building. so we went out for lunch together (Chinese buffet) and then came home and relaxed until it was time to pick up the kids from school. I discovered a new App called "Plague ,Inc" which is a strategy game where you get to design microbes such as viruses and bacteria in attempts to wipe out the human race. Fairly morbid but totally addictive. I am not very good at it yet, but watch out world!!!
Today Tracy and I went and ran 4.5 miles around the pathfinder loop in the woods at 8am. Lovely morning to do so- sun was out, not so cold. Good company! Came home to the boys absorbed in "Green Lantern" and "Young Justice" cartoon. Superheros are soooooo much fun! We will be heading to Tulsa later today as Zach has outgrown all of his pants. Ash has been requesting Freebirds nachos since we visited over the Christmas holiday. Sounds good to me!
For your enjoyment, here is some recent artwork from the boys.
Ash's very cute snowman! I really need to pick a wall to display the cure snowmen art projects from Ash and Zach! Hmm- project for tomorrow????
Zach has been working on a penguin research project at school. This is the cover of his project book. I think his drawing is fantastic. He collected facts and drew pictures of 8 different penguin species. He received special kudos because he did 8 where the requirement was 4. Way to go Zach! You can tell he was super excited to learn about them because he has been quizzing Derek and I incessantly on our (relatively nonexistent) penguin knowledge. We are slowly learning!
Grandpa Gary- Happy Birthday from all of us!!!!! (late as usual) We hope you have had a fantastic time celebrating with Lori and family!
Come visit us again in Indiana. We will take you to the Indianapolis Zoo where you can see penguins swim underneath the see-through floor.
ReplyDeleteA representative at the Chicago Aquarium taught me penguins can projectile poop up to 6 feet away. Hopefully Zach didn't learn that with his research. Gooo Zach!
ReplyDeleteThanx...We had a super birthday...went to the local Mexican where I got the crap scared out of me as the whole throng came out with Mex-hat and singing Happy Birthday! Then I got a whipped cream smashed in my face and up my nostrils. Everyone had a good laugh>
ReplyDelete