Sunday, January 20, 2013

On the Go!

Continuing the post from yesterday, we went down to Tulsa Saturday afternoon and ate at Chuys.  Then we went to Kohls and got Zach outfitted until his next growth spurt.  He was very excited because in addition to lots of new pants, we found him a Plants vs. Zombies shirt!


During lunch, Zach asked if we could go to the zoo to see the sea lions and penguins.  However, since we had other shopping plans, along with the fact that I did not have our zoo membership card along, we told him we would go another time.  Well, that another time turned out to be today.  After a morning of running (me - fourth day in a row - tomorrow will definitely be a rest day), skyping with Wyn, Greg, and Jenny and doing laundry, we headed to Owasso for CiCi's Pizza, then to the zoo.  It was a fabulous day to be outside as it was nice and sunny!  Most of the animals were out and about too!







Upon returning home ~4pm, Derek and Ash rode bikes and scooters in the driveway while Zach and I took Snyx on a walk.  (So between all of the running this weekend as well as the tons of walking today, I should sleep REALLY well tonight!) Then Zach read a few chapters of his latest book to me, "Mrs. Jaffee is Daffy".  Terrible book by the way!  Thank goodness we finished it tonight the next one on his list is another Magic Treehouse book about dragons!  Then all of the boys have been playing games while I finished making beds, paying bills, and signing Zach up for the Bartlesville spring recreational soccer league.  (hmmmm - I wonder who got the better deal???)

Ok- time for a dinner "snack" and then herding the kids into the shower.  I am jealous that the boys are off tomorrow while I have to go to Ponca for the day :(  However, they have their assignment to go grocery shopping!  That is what they will be doing bright and early while the women are cleaning the house.

Oh- one last thing---Zach received excellent marks for his second quarter report card- even on behavior!!!  The only thing he needs to work on is keeping his workspace tidy :)  Way to go Zach!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Zach! Wonderful news!!! Looks like the zoo was fun, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. And what great news about Zach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet the boys slept well after all that wonderful activity. Very proud of you Zach! Zach will have to tell us all about penguins. HMmmm...a mystery post - let us know when you solve it. Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER JOB ZACH!!!

    ReplyDelete