Thursday, October 25, 2012

School is out...

...for parent-teacher conferences...

Ok- not as exciting as school out for the SUMMER, but Zach does have the day off tomorrow for conferences.  He will be going to school camp for the day tomorrow to hang out with friends and have non-school fun!  Actually, officially the teacher conferences started today.  Derek and I met with Mrs. Tucker late this afternoon.  Zach received a very good report.  He is doing great in all areas and routinely gets A+'s on tests and assignments.  We need to continue to work with him on improving his reading and comprehension skills as well as timed math facts tests (100 problems in 5 minutes- yikes!!!!).  His teacher says he is a joy to have in class.  That is so nice to hear!!!  She says if he is not paying attention it is likely because he has his nose in another book - which she said is so great that she feels bad having to reprimand him - even a little!  We are so proud of Zach to get such a good report.

Zach fall pictures came back from school today.  Like Ashton's, they are great!  Here is a preview:
I can't wait to get Ashton's order back so I can put his picture on the mantle too! 

The weather turned cold here today- starting off at 70 degrees this morning during my morning run at 5:30am and plumetting below 50 degrees around 9am.  Not sure what the temp is now, but with the wind-brrrrr!  We have had a hard time keeping the blow-up "punkies" to stay in one place (we put them out Monday night).
I was scheduled to go to Ponca again yesterday, but ended up staying in town for meetings and actually getting some work done.  Miraculously, my plan worked and I am now officially caught up---at least until tomorrow morning. 

Ok, I think I hear naked children who have exited the shower.  Time to herd them into pajamas and then into bed.  Looking forward to FRIDAY and the weekend!!!!  Lots to do with Halloween around the corner!

4 comments:

  1. Bur'r'r'r It's cold here this morning at 5:30. The Last couple of day have been near 80 in the late afternoon. This gave us a good time to rake and blow leaves. Our trees are now bare! Next week Halloween and Oklahoma...Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have much to be proud of in those two boys...and their Parents! You've done a Good Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally second Grandpa Gary's comments about the boys and their parents! Way to go Zach - reprimands for reading are the best! Zach looks so handsome in his picture and Ash is just plain cute.

    ReplyDelete