Monday, October 22, 2012

Catching Up...

I basically played catch-up today after being gone on vacation.  Drove to Ponca for most of the day.  Drove back at 3pm to make a 4:30pm meeting in Bartlesville.  At least that got me home to spend a nice evening with the boys and hairy girl now returned to us from dog camp!!!  Ashton came home with proofs from his 2012 Fall School pics.  So adorable!!!
 
 I also have to share Zach drawing/painting of St, Basil's Cathdral in Russia that he worked on so diligently in art class.  I love it and can't wait to get it into the perfect frame!!! He did such a great job.  The photo of his work just does not do it justice.
I know you are on the edge of your seat for this week's spelling words and sentence dictations, so here goes:
pink, shrink, tank, wring, strong, stink, crank, spring, string, thing, finger, bank, wink, sink, hang, king, ring, long, drink, wing, swing, sing, blink, cranky
That jet has a long wing.  the ring was on the sink.  She will hang the plant in the bank.  Can the king sing?  Please give me a drink when I wink. 

Zach has been bringing home mysteries (Jigsaw Jack mysteries and The Magic Treehouse mysteries) for reading practice---so much more fun and interesting that some of the usual reading fare.  Yay!  We have also been enjoying the Halloween books from Grandpa Randy and Grandma Peggy - especially the one where the dragon wants to "eat Witch with Fries".  Too funny!!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures of your trip! It looks like it was a really wonderful time :) So nice to Skype while you were there! Enjoy getting back into things and we will see you in December!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to frame Derek's art pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family and what the kids are doing are a super way of getting back in the swing of daily living...but thank God for the timely vacations!

    ReplyDelete