Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween 2012!

Wow!  What fun! Derek dressed up for work today :)
It's "Disco Daddy"!!!!
 
The R&D executive administrative assistants all were dressed up today and brought in tons of Halloween goodies.  Brownies, Texas Caviar (salsa with blackeyed peas----totally yummy!!!!)...so much for today's diet...
 
 Grandpa Gary and Lori arrived in good form after a long day and a half of driving.  They pulled into our house just after we did about 5pm.  The kids gave them a warm welcome and the grand tour and then we tucked into pulled beef sandwiches before heading out trick-or-treating. 

Halloween just would not be the same without an appearance by Ashton with goofy glasses.  Thanks Grandpa Gary and Lori for the Halloween goodie bags!!!!
 After dinner, the boys suited up in their super hero outfits.  When Zach first appeared in his costume, he paraded across the living room and asked me to zip him up.  I looked at him.  Something was not right.  I asked him if he had any clothes on under his costume.  He said "No!".  So back to his room we sent him to put on some underwear and a T-shirt.  Even Captain America needs a bit of "support" when trick-or-treating...
 

 
  Ashton said, "Wow, Mom and Dad are Angry Parents!"  Ha!
Here is a pic of the gang heading out for treats!  They walked a total of 1.8 miles- down to the Hammon's house and back!  LOTS OF LOOT!!!!  Snickers and I manned the fort and handed out treats to those who came by our house.  Anickers just LOVED greeting all of the kids :) Unfortuntely, we did not get many on the southeast side of the neighborhood.  We only handed out 3 bags of candy (6 left over---hmmm lots of treats to feed hungry coworkers...).  But Derek said that the north side was packed.  There were some houses that were giving out full-sized candy bars!!!!  I imagine there will be more kids on our side next year when all of the new housing construction is completed and the vacant houses have residents. 
We finally got the kids in bed at 9pm and Gary and Lori were not far behind.  Derek and I threw together a lasagna for tomorrow night's dinner, then walked the dog.  After finishing this post, I will head to bed.  I head to Ponca for the day tomorrow for work , then Derek and I are both off work on Friday to visit with Gary and Lori. 

3 comments:

  1. Derek looks very cool. Wait! Where is the gold necklace? And, why is the shirt buttoned so high?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just about ruined my laptop spitting out hot tea when I saw that picture of Derek. I could not (still can't, actually) stop laughing. LOVE it! Hilarious!!! The boys look great in their costumes, too. It definitely sounds like a good time was had by all :) We are definitely looking forward to seeing you in person soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a magical fun and grand time walking 1.8 miles all the while particially draggin' one grandchild through every leaf pile along the way to chocolate enjoyment. Thanks again for those wonderful experiences for two older treaters!!!

    ReplyDelete