Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Howdy from OK!

Hi! I am back in Bartlesville again for 3 days. After a full day of shuttle flights and meetings, I made it "home" to see all of the progress that had taken place on our new house. Wow! What a difference a light coat of paint makes on the living room. I thought knocking out the wall brightened the room and made it so much bigger, but the light paint looks so fabulous. I can't wait to be able to post pictures for you on Thursday. Also the new countertops are in the kitchen as well as the new sink and gas cooktop. Again wow! The counters look fab! The carpeting will be going in tomorrow, I hope, so that I can have even more pics to show. I met our cleaning ladies, 2 Ladies and a Yellow Van, here at the house after work to give them a key and show them around. They will be doing a deep cleaning next week so we are ready to move in and then will be cleaning the house on a weekly basis thereafter. They were super excited that we had moved into a house without any stairs. Ha! I definitely did not have time for house cleaning with my job in Houston (and was stupid not to hire help). So with my added responsibilities with this new job as well as Derek having a new job, I am glad that we have hired them again. I also came home to another nice lawn care job by a local referral from our realtor. I think we will be keeping on that service as well. Since I work so much during the week, I want my weekends free to have quality family time. (Derek is probably laughing at this post because I am constantly justifying everything. Fine! I am hiring help because I don't want to do it myself anymore!!! Is that better???) After meeting with the cleaning ladies, I headed to Camilles for their chicken salad sandwich and roasted potato soup combo (so yummy and soothing for my sore throat- yes bummer, I am hoping allergies and not a cold. Fingers crossed! ). I then stopped by Bath and Body Works, as both Camilles and BBW are in the mall, to get some hand soap. I then went to Walmart to get more items so that we are set to "camp" in the house next weekend before our stuff arrives. I now have all of the bathrooms set up as I also brought shower curtains with me from Houston. I took pictures of those too. Can't wait to share. The boys bathroom is particularly cute- found frog toothbrush holders and a frog bath mat to go with their bugs shower curtain. And yes-Dixie and Cliff, new fluffy towels await you as you help us move in! Ok I am going to poor myself into bed and will this stupid sore throat to go away. I am off to Ponca City for the day tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! I can hardly wait to see the pictures! Good for you for hiring people...it will (hopefully) ease your stress and help you concentrate on the fabulous men in your family :) My Mom has always said how nice it was when she retired because we no longer had to do groceries, cleaning, etc. on evenings and weekends. It's amazing how much time that takes up. No justification needed. Oh...when can we come join you at Camilles? I'm hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad you are getting household and lawn assistance. Looking back, it is something I should have done when I was a working woman. Good for you!
    Hope your throat is better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heartily support (and second everything Jenny and Dixie said) you and Derek getting household cleaning and lawn care help - about time! Now you can concentrate on the fun parts of decorating and gardening. There will still be plenty to do especially with two young boys and dog. Hope you are feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete