Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Test Drive

My new running shoes arrived today.  Yay!  BLING for the feet!  I LOVE THEM!!!  So much fun to get the package after a long, tedious day at work.  I took them out for a "test run" - just 2 miles - after getting the kids to bed.  They felt great- so lightweight.  My feet normally ache after running no matter how short the distance and these are padded in all the right places- no aching feet!

The kids were thrilled that we stopped at the McDonald's drive-thru after I picked them up from daycare.  (Yes- received the Mother of the Day award yet again!)  They received Star Wars tops in their Happy Meals and had a great time demonstrating them for Grandpa Cliff and Grandma Dixie while on Skype this evening.  (D & C- thanks ever so much for the adult conversation too!  I needed interaction with non-work-related adults!!!!) 

So, I ran a bit, showered, talked to Derek (he is alive and well in Bartlesville - very happy after eating a green chile cheeseburger at Frank and Lola's restaurant for dinner- I'm jealous!), then worked on work until 11pm.  FABULOUS!  Now I'm heading to bed.  My body is already shutting down, hopefully my brain will follow!

3 comments:

  1. Does the place you got your running shoes also have hiking boots? The ones I have been "breaking in" for two years still aren't comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, sorry. Just running shoes. You might try Sahalie.com and athleta.com. They have trail runners as well as more traditional hiking boots. Trail runner are great for hiking, but the feel and comfort of a tennis shoe.

    ReplyDelete