Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Some days you just have to ask...

(Now, Great Grandma Hobson, if you are reading this, please close your eyes, I am going to say something naughty...)


Tracy sent me this oh so fabulous stamp and I am tempted to use it almost every day.  (Thanks for knowing me so well!!!)  Today was no exception. I won't even go into much about work- basically I have been locked in a conference room for 2 weeks on a "special project" with no end in sight.  It has been an interesting experience so far, but has been a challenge trying to do that 100% of the time while trying to do the other 200% of my normal job that is currently on the back-burner.  Plus, my new job in the company to start May 1st was announced unofficially today (will be moving back to Bartlesville this summer -more details to come after the "official" announcement). So transition to that position is slowly starting as well.  So, hence, WTF!?!  I totally need MINIONS!!!! (or more margaritas...)

(Ok Grandma Hobson- you can open your eyes again now!!!)

It all started last night with Ashton waking up every 2 hours howling in pain about his ear- although no runny nose and no fever.  He had a bump on the back of his ear- so I thought maybe bug bite discomfort???  He finally conked out for good about 2am and seemed fine, albeit tired, this morning. He was happy, joking, and did not complain at all about his ear.  Then, of course, we get a call from the daycare around 2:30pm saying that he has been acting perfectly fine, no fever, but has a dark orange discharge from his ear.  Uh oh!  Signs of an ear infection.  Called the doctor and got an appointment with not the usual doctor, but one of the other pediatricians in the practice.  Since I was in lock-down, ...er...I mean meetings..., Derek took Ash to the doctor.  DOUBLE EAR INFECTION!  What a little trooper! 
Derek and Ash picked me up from work at 5pm.  Ash was really excited to tell me about his doctor's visit and show off his Spider-man sticker.  Then we went to pick up Zach at the daycare.  Since we had to wait to pick up Ash's antibiotics at the pharmacy (prescription was called in), we treated ourselves to cheeseburgers and fries at FIVE GUYS BURGERS AND FRIES (totally yummy!).  Ash was enthralled with shelling peanuts that are the free appetizer at this restaurant.  After eating our fill we went to pick up Ash's meds and... WHAT?  THE PRESCRIPTION WAS NEVER CALLED IN????  The pharmacist was really nice and even checked all of the other Houston Walgreens in the system as well as called the CVS down the street and had them check their network.  Nope- no meds ANYWHERE! 

...Scowl...Grumble...

Came home.  Derek got the kids in the bath and I was on the phone with the after hours nurse who had to hunt down the doctor, who somehow twisted it around to make it seem like it was OUR FAULT that THEY screwed up.  Geeze- I wasn't being cranky or anything.  I asked very nicely for help to have the prescription called in again so my kid can get better. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
So, now we have meds.  More girl scout cookies were delivered (Mommy Medicine!) and I ran for 3 miles --- feeling less frustrated now... (until the alarm goes off at 5:45am anyway...).

For your spelling pleasure, here are the week's spelling words as well as cute pics of the boys from over the weekend.  Zach's big project this month at school is making a scrapbook about the following famous Americans: George Washington, Abe Lincoln, Sam Houston, Rosa Parks, Harriet Tubman
(Yup, we got to hear the whole story about why the US was a bad place to live, but now it is ok because black people don't have to sit at the back of the bus and everyone can use the same drinking fountain!  If only life would actually be that simple and people could just get over themselves and their prejudices.)
before, bigger, biggest, does, faster, fastest, good-bye, harder, hardest, oh, right, sadder, saddest, shorter, shortest, taller, tallest, thicker, thickest, won't
challenge/science words: acknowledge, bounciest, judgment, fossils


4 comments:

  1. Oh Tommi, I'm so sorry things have been so stressful for you! I will definitely be looking forward to a Skype session this weekend. I can Skype before, too if you need :) Hopefully Ash feels better and tell Zach I'm very impressed with all he is learning in school. LOVE the picture of them reading together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naughty? I thought that stood for "Work Time Fun" or "Where to File?". Perhaps even "Wow that's Fun"

    Enjoy!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what Jenny and Dixie posted. Sounds like you need a trip (real or virtual) to JJill! Here to Skype if you need it ANY TIME. Thanks for taking the time to write and post pictures - love them. Glad Ash finally got meds and is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete