Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Anybody need a tree band-aid???

Snyx and I just got back from our walk.  I have made lunches for tomorrow and am now sitting here thawing out, sipping a steaming cup of orange spice black tea.  Ahhhh! 

During our chilly expedition, we cataloged a few of the Christmas light hot spots along our route.

First is the house on the cul-de-sac as we head toward the school.  The icicle lights are nicely done, not gaudy.  What makes this house unique is that these lights have been on display since HALLOWEEN! (No fooling!)

These people like stars and trees!
I love the big wreath on this house.  Very simple.  The red words say "Merry Christmas".

Next we have candy-cane lane house.  I am impressed how these people took careful pains to wrap the entire tree.

These people only had time to put up a tree "band-aid". (At least that is what I think that blue thing is.)

And last but not least, home sweet home.  Boring I know.  But I like boring! (I need to take a picture with the lights off in the house next time...)

I got out of work late (after 5:30pm).  So we picked up the boys and went to Cracker Barrel for comfort food.  (Mmmmm Meatloaf!  - although not as good as your Mom.)  We then had a nice time reading "Mater Saves Christmas" - a present for the boys from Ms. Tracy, Mr. Mike, and Reese in Bartlesville.  (Thanks so much!  They boys loved it!  Zach says we have to read it every night until Christmas is here!)

Ok- time for relaxation with tea and catalogs!  (The problem is I keep finding stuff that I like, rather than staying focused on gifts for others.  I am soooo bad!)

No comments:

Post a Comment