Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

To Cliff: I know, I know - it's about time!  Geez, I am on vacation and should have all the time in the world to update the blog... ;)

So sorry it has been a while since I have posted. Lots of things to report.

First and foremost, Happy Thanksgiving to all of our family and friends.  Pumpkin pie is currently in the over courtesy of Derek and Zach (smells sooooo good).  I went out for a 5 - 6 mile run on the trails near our house- beautiful cool fall weather and came back to a warm, yummy-smelling house!  We are will be having rotisserie duck for dinner this afternoon with all the fixings (don't tell Zach- as far as he is concerned, it is a "turkey").  Yay- Great Grandma's famous stuffing 3 weeks in a row!  Can't beat it!  Stay tuned for more pics! 

Makin' Pie!
 Off for a Turkey-burnin; run!

Yesterday Derek and I took Zach to the dentist for sealants and X-rays.  He did a great job.  We then ran errands, went to Fudruckers for burgers for lunch, and then went to the movies (YAY!!!!) to see Hugo.  We all enjoyed the movie very much- extremely well acted and neat story. 

Zach helped me polish off my cookies and cream shake!
 I can still tie a knot in cherry stems using only my tongue.  (Ahh the thing one does to impress boys in college!)
Last weekend we went to a restaurant near downtown Houston call the Hobbit Cafe whose entrees were all named after Lord of the Rings characters and locations.  Pretty cool!  We then stopped at the HEB special market which was like going to the Disneyland of food.  We picked up all sorts of fun crackers, cheese and other goodies for the holiday weekend.  (still no strawberry-mango jam, DARN!). 

A Patriotic Gollum... My Precious!



Sunday we ate a Freebirds, our favorite "make-your-own-burrito" place, before hitting the "normal" grocery store.)



It is amazing how our lives revolve around food!

Ok- time to get cleaned up and relax a bit before more fabulousness in the kitchen.  Have a great holiday! 

(Greg and Jenny- thanks again for the quick skype!)

No comments:

Post a Comment