Thursday, September 29, 2011

Exciting times!

It's raining buckets here!  Yay!  Actually when the storms started rolling in, we were still at work.  Funny thing was with the first thunder blast, it was dark on the other side of the complex, but on my side it was still nice and sunny with blue skies.  one of my colleagues came running out of his office thinking there had been an accident on the freeway.

It is United Way fundraising time at work.  Derek and I enjoyed a Cajun lunch yesterday and a BBQ lunch today- catered in to the company with proceeds going to UW.  There was also a book sale yesterday where I picked up some beginning reader books for Zach.  Next Monday will be a pizza lunch with "wacky putt putt".  Not sure what that entails- stay tuned for an update. 

There was no school today for Zach, so he had cooking camp at daycare. They made tacos for lunch and "sandwiches on a stick" for snack.  How fun! 

I know you are just dying to know this week's spelling words so here goes:
box, for, fox, go, got, on, lock, rock, not, hot, here, where, me, stop, top
challenge words: chomp, stomp, shock
spectacular science word: hypothesis

Zach has been learning more about solids and Venn diagrams.  He had to diagram a bunch of objects that either could be rolled, stacked, or both.  Cool!  He continues to do well in school both from an academic and behavior standpoint.  However, when he is "bathroom monitor" he hollers at the kids when they are loud or break the rules when he is only supposed to give the teacher a list of the "evildoers".  So he is turning out to be a bossy dictator just like his mother- ha!

In very exciting news, WYNTER IS COMING!!!  She is scheduled to make her appearance on October 4th.  We are very excited to meet her.  I hope to make a trip to Germany in the next few weeks to visit (fingers crossed for a fast passport renewal turn-around!).  Zach is totally excited to meet his cousin soon.  however he said he will miss Aunt Jenny's big belly!!!! 

Ok- boys are done with their bath.  It is time for homework... More soon! 

1 comment:

  1. Wacky putt-putt sounds like an event that is NOT to be missed! Totally sweet :) Tell Zach those Venn diagrams keep coming...I was just looking at one last night with my tutee, who is in high school. We will be crossing everything we can over here that you get that passport back soon! Though I guess I can't cross too much because I'm trying to stay relaxed and keep these contractions to a minimum so she keeps cooking till Tuesday. Tell Zach we are ALL excited to meet her and that my belly will probably remain a little big for longer than I would like it to. Ha!

    ReplyDelete