So cute when they zonk out on the couch!!!!!
Nothing really of note except that I spent over 2 hours on Sunday trying to buy my brother an online gift certificate for his birthday from iTunes. Apparently, they have been having all sorts of fraud issues (from China) and block purchases of gift certificates via credit cards. I called customer service at Apple and they told me to purchase something small, like a $0.99 song and that would "reset" my card as valid and then I could buy a gift card. Well, the ploy worked! I was able to buy both (actually what a scam!- they got an extra dollar out of me...). I actually was only able to buy half the gift card value I wanted to get as they only sold up to a certain price online. So I went back into the system to buy Greg a second card and I was rejected AGAIN! So, I tried buying ANOTHER $0.99 song and was still rejected from buying a second gift certificate. So I gave up (Sorry Greg!). I thought that the whole episode was done. WRONG! Today I tried using my credit card twice- once to buy a chai at the cafe at work and then to buy Houston Symphony tickets for The Matrix concert in November. Was rejected TWICE!!! Called Discover Card to find out what was going on. They had put my card "on hold" due to the weird iTunes purchases as there has been all sorts of concern with "fraud via China for iTunes". (Apparently this is a theme...) All has been sorted out now. Thank you for wasting a total of 3 hours of my life Steve Jobs!!!!!
Besides that saga, I have really been enjoying my iPad. I have downloaded "The Hunger Games Trilogy" (needed a break for a while from the Song of Ice and Fire saga (Game of Thrones books---I am on book #3 of 5). So far, the story is really good. I can read while listening to tunes on Pandora or iTunes and sip a glass of wine or sangria and just unplug from reality - HEAVEN!!!. Derek is remotely concerned because I have been over-dosing on country channels (my Dierks Bentley and Sugarland stations)- yay! More to his liking I have also been listening to The Game of Thrones and Super 8 soundtracks which are both superb (while relaxing) and Seether while (not relaxing) on the treadmill.
Let's see, I got Ash and Zach appointments at a local pediatric dentist for next week. I can be put back on the good mother list now. Zach lost ANOTHER bottom tooth last week. Yay for big boy teeth!!!!) The boys have their appointments next Thursday which is also a big day because Zach's back to school open house takes place that evening from 5:30 -7pm. Then after the open house, I will pick of Tracy at her hotel (she will be in Houston overnight for work) and we will hit the Jjill store and Starbucks in the mall for an evening of fabulous girl time!!!! It will help when Derek leaves for Bartlesville the following week for a few days (sniff sniff....he will miss Zach's first day of 1st grade on the 22nd).
Ok- time to read a couple chapters of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" with Zach, then take the dog on a walk and then more unplugged from reality time!!!!
Is it Friday yet?????

No comments:
Post a Comment