We Millers have been having a lazy weekend. We started off our laziness by going to the little Mexican restaurant close to our house called Poblanos and feasting on the best chorizo cheese dip EVER---and we found out that their really expensive margaritas are TOTALLY worth it!!! Today wes have been sitting around reading, playing video games, etc. Zach and I finished reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory together. I am going to look and see if we can rent the movie online for this evening. I am now in the second book of The Hunger Games Trilogy. I am totally addicted. It is well written and a story that just sucks you in. Every chapter ending is a cliff hanger SO YOU JUST CAN'T STOP READING!!!!! My iPad finally ran out of juice, so I had to stop at lunchtime to recharge. I ran to the store to pick up all the fixings to make my favorite chicken waldorf salad--chok full of left over rotisserie chicken, baby salad greens, grape tomotoes, red grapes, granny smith apples, feta cheese, and candies pecans---all topped with a splash of balsamic vinegrette. YUM!!!!! I also bought all of the ingredients to make my Aunt Carol's Soccer Squares with the boys. The boys really enjoyed mixing together the caro syrup, sugar, and cereal and watching the chocolate and butterscotch chips melt in the microwave. Ashton dove right in to licking the bowl!!!! Everything is cooling in the fridge now for a treat a little later. The boys (yes including Derek) are now sucked into Super Mario Bros. Yay- my iPad is done charging. Back to my book!
In other quick news...we have been trying to sell our house in Bartlesville without much success due to the market (and the fact that the house has a lot of stairs---I guess most people do not like stairs...apparently the stairs even trump the totally awesome kitchen remodel...sniff...). Anyway, we decided to start proceedings to sell the house to the company which required all of the inspections. Turns out that we have some shifting of our foundation which has to be fixed at no insignificant expense. Home ownership is SUCH a joy!!!! Ugh!
To lift my spirits, Derek found this picture online last night. I think it is hilarious!!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment