Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dreaming of Snow

There is lots of snow in Bartlesville!  There is even talk of snow coming to Houston on Friday.  Zach says he wants to go sledding.  I don't know if it will snow THAT much, but we will enjoy what we get!  We will keep you posted.  Interesting fact...on Monday when the front came through it was 71 degrees at Houston Hobby airport (southeast side of the city) and 43 degrees at Houston International Airport (northern side of the city) at the same time.  That tells you just how BIG the Houston metro area is!!!!!

We again hung out with Tracy last night as she was still in town on Tuesday.  We went to a new Mexican restaurant which was only a couple blocks awayfrom our home (within walking distance if it was not so darn cold- for Houston standards---yes we have turned into weenies already...). It was very yummy and reasonably priced- the salsa was even warm!  Tracy and I then ventured out to the mall after the kids were put to bed.  No purchases, but a great girl's night (even though I was dragging from a really packed day at work).  Tonight I am paying the price for having my Monday and Tuesday evenings sans-work.  Who knows when I will get to bed... ugh! 

Hope all you "northerners" are all staying warm!  Tracy- hope your flight back to Bartlesville today was uneventful!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't realize Houston was THAT huge! I'm glad you had a nice time with Tracy...little things like that will help keep you going :) Love and hugs to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, staying warm even though it's only about 8 degrees out. Sun is shining, though, and actually warm on porch. Glad you and Tracy have had quality time together. Also glad the boys are better. Keep those green smiley's coming, Zach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be glad to send you some of our snow/another 8 inches and blowing all over. School out Wednesday and for some today. Glad boys are getting better.
    Carol Sachse

    ReplyDelete