So today was a blast. (Actually it was fine until about 4:30pm.) Derek was in Bartlesville for the day for company meetings with R&D. Apparently his group threw him a 5-year anniversary party (I just found out a moment ago. Good for Derek to finally get some recognition. He deserves it! ) Here are some pics: (The woman shaking his hand is his boss, Lisa.)
I had a productive day at work. I met a friend for lunch which was a nice diversion. At 4:30pm I received a call from the daycare saying that Ash had spiked a 101F fever. (He has been battling a snoggy nose and cough since Sunday night---great birthday present!) He would not be allowed back to daycare fr 24 hours and needs a doctor's note. So, I made an appointment for him for tomorrow at 8am (awesome because he will be back on Saturday morning for his 2 year checkup- yippee skippee, we LOVE visiting the doctor!). I got the boys both home from daycare. Zach has had a rough time at school since returning after Christmas break. Apparently he has not been listening and refusing to do his work. He has also been very disruptive during lunch- spitting and banging his tray, etc. The teacher wants to schedule a conference with us to talk about his behavior. Alas- another JOY!
Had success getting the boys to color (Ash) and practice reading (Zach) while I made spaghetti. The boys ate well, then had leftover birthday cake for dessert. Ash gagged on a sprinkle and yakked all over himself and his placemat. (Joy!)
As if things could not get better (worse?), during a bath which immediately followed dinner, Ash wanted out of the tub early and was obviously chilled. So I dried him off and gave him some medicine. He dropped the medicine spoon on the floor. While I was cleaning up the grape-flavored goo, Ash decided he needed to "poop in the potty" but missed the potty and hit the floor. The dog ate it before I could clean that up. One word- GROSS!
Finally got the kids in their jammies and read Zach's book that he picked out at the library today as well as a book on listening. Got the kids in bed. Derek arrived home just in time to tiuck them in. We were chatting over Derek's reheated spaghetti and trying to figure out our schedules to care for Ash tomorrow when Ash started crying. Yup- gagged on all of his snogginess and yakked spaghetti all over his bed. So now I am updating the blog after another round of bath/bed/laundry. I think I will go read my book now or watch a TV show and escape reality.
Derek gets the fun of taking Ash to the doctor tomorrow morning. I will take PM duty after my morning meetings conclude. I hope Ash feels better tomorrow- we pray for minimal phlegm = minimal hacking and yakking...
The day was not bad, just challenging- keeps one chuckling at night and a good excuse for a sip of wine or two. (Although I think Derek wishes he stayed overnight in Bartlesville...) Also doesn't hurt that a patent of mine got filed (received the letter today), so I will have a nice patent bonus deposited in our checking account from COP. Zach, despite his stubbornness and unwillingness to comply with the laws of kindergarten, drew this wonderful picture of a snowman. If he ever starts being too compliant, we will know he has been abducted by aliens...




Just reading all the happenings made me tired. I'm going back to bed!
ReplyDeleteFirst...YAY Derek!
ReplyDeleteSecond...I was reading your trials with a concerned thought in my mind and expression on my face until I came to the poop comment. I could then not stop laughing.
Third...I'm glad you seem to be keeping yourself in good spirits, though I don't know how. Good luck and we look forward to Skyping this weekend!!!
Ya, the poop just happens some days in the life of a Mom. Keep laughing!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with Jenny....the poop had me laughing. Not the poop itself, but the dog and the poop. Yikes! I laughed harder than when I was trying to do a "booty pop" at Zumba tonight. Sorry for all of the other issues. I'm glad Derek is home to help. I'll give you a call tomorrow!
ReplyDelete