Saturday, January 29, 2011

Busy Busy Busy! (But not too busy to eat...)

We have just been...well...busy lately!  This week has been tiring for me with many late nights stuck at my computer (along with full days at the office).  Actually, I just got done working for the past hour or so with more to come tomorrow.  Yesterday was particularly rough, but I took my Dad's advice and took a short chai tea break at the company coffee shop and felt 100% better afterwards!  Thanks Dad :)

The boys passed on their virus to me, so I was battling that all week as well.  (Someone must have felt pity at work---or was really annoyed with my coughing---because a bag of Halls appeared on my chair while I was away at a meeting on Thursday afternoon.)  I am feeling much better today, however Ashton has developed a cold, so he has green gunk coming out of his nose, eyes, etc.  YUCK!!! It has also made him extra cranky! The little walking plague carrier will also probably want to "share" it with the rest of us- JOY! 

Zach has a "100 Days of School" assignment due Monday.  His task was to collect 100 similar items to display and share.  Zach chose to collect 100 smiley faces.  We had fun at the store today hunting for all sorts of smiley face stickers, buttons, and decals.  We had even more fun making patterns with them on his chart for school.  Here are some pictures! 


In other kindergarten news, Zach is learning to count by 2's, 5's, and 10's.  I don't remember doing that until the 2nd or 3rd grade!  It is amazing what is expected from kids these days. 

After visiting the store this morning and running other errands, we all went out for a Mongolian BBQ lunch  ---- lots of yummy veggies for me. Zach and Derek were in the mood for noodles. Ash was in the mood to...be a pain...   Somehow rice ended up EVERYWHERE!- on the floor, on his chair, in his hair, in his diaper, in his shoes...sometimes I wonder why we even try to eat out...

Speaking of eating out...I forgot to mention that last weekend we visited a New Mexican restaurant called Santa Fe Flats which is on the north side of Houston.  It had the signature chile dishes that we so love from New Mexico.  I had Christmas enchiladas (red and green chile) and Derek had a Christmas burrito.  The salsa was delicious too.  It was a wonderful treat!!!!  Good thing the restaurant is 20-30 minutes away, otherwise we'd be tempted to eat there every night!!!!!  (Green and red chile are totally worth the kids throwing a fit at the restaurant!!!!) 

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, green and red chile! I'm glad to hear you made it through the week...we are looking forward to chatting with you guys this afternoon. Tell Zach the 100th smiley face is by far my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete