Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hanging Out in Houston

Well, I am here in Houston for another three days.  I am half way through my trip and missing my boys immensely- along with feeling guilty as Zach came down with strep throat Sunday night.  (He hugged me so tight Monday morning and said "Please Mommy, don't go!")   Derek had to take the day off on Monday to care for him and get him to the doctor.  He is feeling much better now after a few doses of antibiotics.  Actually he had a FANTASTIC day at school today.  He received a nice note from his teacher and a paper award for helping out in the computer class.  The school Principal called Derek at work today to tell him about Zach's good behavior.  Yay!  We are so proud of Zach!!!!! 

So, I am sad that I have missed out, but got to talk to Zach on the phone tonight.  Despite my missing the boys, I have been kept quite occupied here in Houston.  I have been pulling long days at work to try and get up to speed for my new job (no small task as there is sooooooo much to learn).  Tracy was also in Houston yesterday and today for meetings.  We met up for dinner last night and ate at an awesome Mexican Restaurant nearby (see picture below). 

Such yummy authentic food.  We each had a margarita (don't worry, we used the hotel shuttle) and the poblano chicken special, which is a poblano pepper roasted over charcoal and stuffed with a chicken (on their menu it is spelled "cheekin"- cracks me up) and cheese mixture.  It was AWESOME!  I can't wait to eat there again next week when we move in!  After dinner, the hotel shuttle carted us to the mall where we spent time in JJill and other stores.  Somehow we made it through the evening without buying anything.  It was just fun walking around and enjoying each other's company. 

Today I started the first day of a modeling course at work.  This evening I met up with our realtor for the pre-closing walk-through of the house.  How exciting!  I can't wait to see the boys' faces when they check out the backyard with the play equipment!  Tomorrow I have more training and then an evening function with the ConocoPhillips Women's Network (a presentation/comedian/motivational speaker "Improvement Through Improv" with a reception following).   Should be a good time as I am meeting up with a friend from Bartlesville who was also just relocated to Houston at the end of October.

4 comments:

  1. Tommi, great updates! I'm sure it's tough to be there without the boys (all three of them), but they will be there soon. You are so right...they are going to LOVE the backyard if it is half as good as the pictures. I can hardly wait to hit up that Mexican restaurant whenever we visit you! I hope you enjoy the Women's Network event tomorrow night...we can bond over joining Women's groups! Good luck with working...at least you can really delve into it while the family is still in Bartelsville...you will be together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: your reference to starting a modeling course at work: Cliff wants to know if you have a Conoco Phillips/Victoria Secret connection?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for "women's" groups!!! If it wasn't for them, I would have gone bonkers (or more bonkers) a long time ago. Yea! You are home again tomorrow. Hope the boys are all okay. Love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cliff- that may be something for the Women's Network to consider (although I think for some reason HR may not approve...).

    Another good reason - For a "Fracing" good time, join COP.- HA!

    ReplyDelete