Grandpa Randy and Grandma Peggy ("Beepa" and "Meema" according to Ash) arrived yesterday from Indiana. We went our for Mexican food for lunch and then headed to the pumpkin patch. Both Zach and Ash had a great time picking out their pumpkins! Derek and I picked out a large green gourd that we plan on carving to look like an alien.
I got up at 3:15am Sunday morning to head to work to participate in an Armed Intruder exercise including other Research Center personnel and the Bartlesville Police Department. It was an interesting experience. I was barricaded in a conference room with a few other managers during the exercise. Others got to "play" hostages or victims. The whole exercise took about an hour. Then we were treated to breakfast (eggs, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, sausage, and fruit), and then debriefed for an hour. Lots of interesting learnings. I was home by ~8am- then went out for second breakfast after napping on the couch until 9:30am.
Then at 3:00 pm this afternoon, Derek and I drove to the Bartlesville airport and hopped on the corporate jet to Houston for our house-hunting trip. We had Pappadeaux's for dinner (Cajun!!!) and then drove around the neighborhoods that we will visit with the realtor tomorrow. Zach's elementary school and Ash's daycare look really nice. The daycare especially has really nice outdoor play equipment. Stay tuned for more pictures tomorrow as our adventure continues.
Well, I have been up way too long today, so I am going to sign off. ZZZZZZzzzzzzz......








No comments:
Post a Comment