Thursday, September 2, 2010

Turtles and Tribulations

Zach drew an absolutely fabulous picture of a turtle today at school!  I just had to share it with you!  The drawing was prompted by the fact that we accidentally left the garage door open last night, and a box turtle made his way all the way up the driveway and into the garage.  He was right by the door entering the house when we set out to leave this morning.  He was a dandy specimen- had his head out looking at us and all as Derek put him in a safe place on our property.  I wish I would have taken a picture- but Zach's is actually as good as the real thing!  We have also spotted the fox around our neighborhood- 2 sightings so far- both in the mornings.  He has really red, short fur right now.  It is great to see him again! 

In other news, it has been one of THOSE weeks!  (I am in serious need of a vacation or escaping reality- but that is not to happen anytime soon!)  Derek and I got to have a nice chat with Zach's teacher, school counselor, and the principal as he has been having some behavioral issues at school--- mainly in the areas of personal space.  He now is on a behavior plan to try and modify his behavior throughout his school day- listening, keeping his hands/feet/etc (example, since he was not allowed to touch them, he started trying to lick his neighbors during circle time) to himself, staying out of other's personal space, and following directions.  Derek and I now get a daily report card with his behavior throughout the day and rewards/consequences for at school and at home to help him learn better school manners.  Wish us all luck!  Zach's requested Halloween costume (Iron Man), hangs in the balance!  I have ordered some books on "personal space" for young kids as this is a tough concept to explain. One is called "Personal Space Camp".  I hope he likes it! 

2 comments:

  1. Zach is always pushing that limit! Be consistent. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with everything! It sounds like you are doing everything right :)

    ReplyDelete