Monday, August 23, 2010

Races, Grandparents, and Power Outages

We had a fabulous weekend with Grandpa Cliff and Grandma Dixie.  They arrived on Friday in time to help us pick up Ash from daycare and Zach from school.  Zach showed them his classroom and introduced them to his teacher.  Afterwards we went out for Mexican (of course!).  Saturday morning I ran in the Red Cross Run for Relief 5K.  It was really hot and humid- so no speed records for me.  I was just happy to beat 30 minutes.  The rest of the day was spent visiting and playing with the boys.  We all enjoyed drinking margaritas and eating nachos after the boys went to bed.  The margaritas made me lazy, so I skipped my normal Sunday run.  Sunday was much the same with more family time, plus an outing to the Rib Crib for BBQ.  (Of course I paid for all of this by running on the treadmill tonight!). 





We were sorry to see D and C leave this morning.  Additionally, I was sad to have to be into work by 6:30am for a conference call.  I stopped at Starbucks on the way to work to treat myself to a Chai Latte for motivation.  During my 4 hour conference call, I also had to run back and forth to internal ConocoPhillips meetings.  Great fun!  Upon coming home from work this evening, we found the power off to the house.  (A large part of the grid including our neighborhood and the adjoining one including Zach's school was without power.)  This meant that we could not get into the garage.  We also found out that the only working key to the house belonged to the cleaning ladies.  Luckily, I was able to get a hold of them via phone to get our key to make copies.  We ended up at Taco Bell for dinner (oddly satisfying), with the power back on upon returning home.    Never a dull moment around here! 

Grandpa Cliff and Grandma Dixie, Zach wants me to ask when you are coming to visit again.  He was hoping this weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment